Cruise Lines Announce Return to Sailing Dates
Following a multi-month temporary suspension of operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic, cruise lines have started to announce their anticipated return to sail dates. In March, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a "No Sail Order" for cruise ships to sail from U.S.ports. This order is set to run through July 24, 2020.
Below is preliminary information to date and different announcements regarding resume sailing from the Cruise Companies. Everybody can find the updated information also in specialised Cruise Websites and in the Websites of the Companies. This information is subject to change and probably will be updated in the next weeks as additional information because available of each of the Cruise Lines.
As per the last information End of April/Beginning of May 2020 most of the American Cruise Lines announced that they will resume sailing after Mid of June 2020 / Beginning of July 2020:
"The disruptions caused by COVID-19 have necessitated that we suspend cruises departing through June 12-14, 2020. This decision was made proactively by American Cruise lines for the safety of everyone abroad and has recently been reinforced by government recommendations" - the lines said in their statements.
Most of the Largest Cruise Lines announced the new preliminary to resume Cruising operation with a few ships of their fleets between Beginning of July 2020 - Mid of August 2020 depending on the confirmed cruises in this period and because of some cancellation or pause in ship operations of some specific voyages and charter/ cruises.
Regarding the restart of the operations for the River Operators/ River Ship Owners - some of them announced and decided to start with a few vessels until Beginning of July/ Beginning of August depending on the bookings and guests nationality/River operation. Of course everything depends on many factors and there will be a lot of updates, additional information, new ideas:
- All Companies are working on a Hygiene set-up and everything needs to be clarified within a medical network
- Probably on board of the river passenger ships, there will be some reducing of the maximum capacity of the passengers
- Regarding the accommodation - some new rules and restrictions
- In general there will be a lot of measurements and rules which are significant for the health of the crew and of the guests
- All of the requirements and requests of the Authorities also need to be followed strictly
- The River passenger ships serving mostly American guests, will depend on the general situation with COVID-19 in the U.S. and the travel restrictions.
We hope that in the incoming weeks we will meet some good news and updated information regarding the restart of the operation activities of most of the Companies. We hope that the New hired candidates for the season would be able to receive a job on board Luxury ocean going and River passenger vessels in the next few months.