HAIRDRESSER FOR LUXURY 4/5 STAR RIVER CRUISE SHIPS
We are looking for experienced Hairdressers with good English language knowledge to work on 4- and 5- star river passenger ships.
Guaranteed net salary per month may vary between 950 EUR and 1100 EUR depending of the fleet
Tip of 650 EUR to 800 EUR per month is available plus % of the procedures
Contract of employment may be either Cypriot, Maltese, French or Swiss
Social insurances paid in the country of contract
Paid vacation of 4-6 weeks during the contract
Contract duration until end of November
- Assisting guests on embarkation day to escort them to their cabin and help with luggage
- Cleaning the SPA area daily and minimum 1 general cleaning per week
- Responsible for all hairdresser appointments in compliance
- Responsible for welcome towels after excursion in compliance with the masseur/masseuse (if on board)
- Check and refill the fitness room (towels, water,…) several times a day in compliance with the masseur/masseuse
- Assists with "Turn-down" service on a daily base
- Reporting technical defects in the SPA area to the reception
- Responsible for all sun deck towels and blankets several times a day
- Adherence to cleanliness and hygienic regulations in compliance with HACCP
- Compliance with the waste concept
- Careful handling of all provided equipment and assist during inventory
- Knowledge of the ship and the respective daily program Guest services in general
- Support of other departments if needed (housekeeping, reception)
- Guest services in general
Requirements & selection criteria:
Good knowledge of English
Other foreign language as German, French or Spanish is an advantage
Experience and certificate in hairdressing
Experience/ certificate in massages is an advantage
Once offered employment, all applicants must pass a medical examination by designated physicians.You must be physically fit to work on a cruise ship.
Length of contract:
Depends on the type of job, but most contracts are for a period of 7 months (from the end of March until end of October). During this period paid vacation is available.
Basically you may go in vacation for about 2 weeks ate every 2-3 months.
Shorter contracts are available during the height of the season to relieve the crew on vacation.
Contracts are renewable in the next seasons. You may also choose to work in the Winter season for short-term contracts (2 to 3 months).
Food and accommodation on board:
Food and accommodation are provided on board and take care of by the company. Living arrangements vary by ship and shipboard position.
The company covers the costs for your medical insurance while onboard the ship. Therefore, you do not need to buy a travel medical insurance before joining the ship.
Transportation to and from the ship is usually covered by the company. In most cases, you will get a refund for your ticket to the ship, while the return trip will be organized directly by the company.
Place of embarkation
Each of the cities situated on the banks of the Danube, Rhine, Main or Mosel rivers can be an embarkation port. In most cases, you will embark in Budapest, Passau, Vienna, Köln or Amsterdam.
Send your CV with photograph, qualification certificates and references if available to our HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com