Second Engineer ASAP
For our partner, American company operating fleet of large ocean-going cruise ships and small adventure cruise ships we are looking for SECOND ENGINEER
Contract duration: 4 months (+/-1)
Start date: 4th August 2019
- The Second Engineer will be given an area or specific system of which he/she will be responsible for the daily operation and maintenance in accordance with the AMOS system.
- The Second Engineer will work closely with the First Engineer when scheduling maintenance works on the equipment he/she is responsible for, specifically if additional manpower is needed.
- If any operational problems with the equipment, the Second Engineer must report and work closely with the vessels Electrical Engineers in order to resolve these.
- The Second Engineer may be assigned to sea watches.
- If any operational problems are noted, also with equipment other than the area he/she is responsible for, he/she must relate this to the respective party.
- Shall be familiar with the safety management system, including his/her responsibilities in the safety organization according to the emergency plan and station bill.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
Certificate of competency for Second Engineer or higher
Completed education in Marine engineering
Experience on passenger ships is an advantage
Valid seafarer’s documents
Very good command in English language
Please, apply by sending full and detailed CV in English, along with recent passport photo and any available references to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to skype/phone interview with Company's representative.